From Joe Dinan (Fiona’s soon to be husband):
I am in the middle of a training to become an Integral Coach. As part of that training, I am seeking out a couple of volunteer clients. Details for the program, and what it would entail are included below.
There is no cost for this, but, having been through Integral Coaching myself, and having been through the training for coaches, I have found that these are powerful and profound methods to facilitate change in your life. It is unlike any other coaching program that I have seen. Please let me know (joedinan at gmail dot com) if you or anyone you might know are interested in this program.
Here are the details:
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A VOLUNTEER CLIENT
It is important that as you consider being a Volunteer Client, you are provided with information that helps you understand what this adventure involves, what it requires of you (and the coach), and what it looks like. This way, when you say “yes,” you know what you are saying, “yes” to.
WHAT THE COACH IS OFFERING:
- To work with a client on a topic that deeply matters to them that they have also had difficulty making and/or sustaining any progress in to date.
- An approach to change that focuses on the development of competencies in the client that enables this client to be in their topic in a new way and experience new results.
- A customized Coaching Program that is tailored to meet the client where they are and takes them through cycles of development that progressively enable them to make meaningful progress on their topic.
- Coaching services free of charge.
WHAT THE COACH IS NOT OFFERING:
- A strategic plan with a series of action steps that the client is then held accountable for executing while the coach motivates them to take these actions.
- Being a ‘thinking partner’.
- A plan to fix ‘them’.
WHAT THE CLIENT CAN EXPECT:
- Engaging in a 4 – 5 month Coaching Program that is designed to support the client in making progress in their coaching topic.
- Meeting with the coach on a regular basis (1 – 1 ½ hour meetings every 2 – 3 weeks)
- Actively engaging in daily exercises / practices between the meetings that are custom designed for the specific development requirements of the client.
- Being willing to ‘take a look’ and to do things that are outside your norm…for this is where new seeing and new development takes place.
- Working with a coach that is flexible and dynamically learning as well as rigorous and adhering to the principles of Integral Coaching®.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF THE CLIENT:
- To take the time needed to meet with the coach on a regular basis and to do the exercises and practices you agree to do.
- To be willing to take a look at yourself and to try ‘different’ as part of the development process.
- To speak honestly about what is working and what is not and to work with the coach to sort things out.
- To set aside 15-20 minutes per day to attend to assigned practices by the coach