Greetings my fellow Ashtangis-
This is an invitation to participate in my dissertation research study entitled “Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as Mind Making”. My research study will examine the positive, transformative experiences resulting from the practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. Participants will be asked to complete a 45-60-minute interview, which will be recorded for later transcription and data analysis.
Benefits of participation include: 1) helping to understand the transformative outcomes of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice and how it optimizes human functioning, and 2) contributing to an improved understanding of Yoga philosophy and practice within the field of psychology.
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
1) Maintain a daily or ongoing Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice
2) Have experienced and noticed positive changes resulting from the practice
3) Be available for follow-up contact via email or phone
4) Have a strong command of the English language
5) Have the ability to clearly articulate personal experiences and reflect on the past
If you meet this criteria and are interested in participating my research, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Yoga is not for physical purpose. Internal cleansing, not external exercising Yoga method.” Pattabhi Jois